Monday, August 23, 2004

 

Now this!!!

When I got home this evening, after putting on a pot of coffee, checking on The Cheat's food and water, and eating a few slices of pizza, I sat down at my computer. After jogging the mouse a little, the monitor sprung to live, only to reveal that my computer was locked up due to a C++ Runtime error. So, I rebooted it. After a couple of subsequent reboots due to a failure of the machine to detect the mouse, I finally sat down for a night of slacking. Then, all sudden-like, the picture on the monitor started looking like something out of a Frank Zappa video, and I began to smell the distinct odor of a successful takeout by a bug zapper...then it went black.

I quickly turned off the monitor to see what would happen when I turned it back on. It did the same thing. So, I decided to unplug it and go visit my brother while it cooled off. A few hours later, I returned home, tried the monitor again, and it's now working. I don't know how long this will last. It could start the Zappatography again at any moment, for all I know. But, I've decided to go ahead and make a blog entry about it in order to announce another potential hiatus -- this one not quite as voluntary as my previous ones.

If this baby goes out, it could be a few days before I get back on to blog again, or longer. But, hopefully, I can find a great deal on one, or at least get a loaner fairly quickly.

So, this is a heads-up. I have no idea how many people are reading this, but thanks to those who do. If I should disappear, again, keep checking back every few days, and wish me luck!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?